Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Aeneid is rather relatable.

So far, I have found The Aeneid to be a lot more relatable than I expected. Since this work was originally compiled before the birth of Christ I was surprised that I was able to. I think the most relatable aspect was the role of Dido. I found her to be a very tragic character and while I can't say that I have never thought of killing myself over lost love I can definitely understand her pain.

In losing Aeanus, Dido lost everything. We all have friends who fell for someone fast and pushed their friends and family aside to spend all their time with their love only to be hurt and left all alone in the end.

I think people should look at Dido as a lesson. People should look for balance in their lives rather than putting all of themself into someone else.

Side note: I mentioned A Time To Kill in one of my earlier posts and the movie will be playing on TNT network on Sunday. You should watch it! It's a great film!

No comments:

Post a Comment