Friday, November 5, 2010

Je suis Madame Bovary!

Flaubert is famously quoted as saying, "Je suis Madame Bovary!" I find myself saying that too. At least, so far. I often find myself relating to characters whether they be in books or films. That's my way of getting through them. I put myself in their shoes I try to think like they think. 


When I first started reading Madame Bovary I didn't like it and I didn't like Emma but we do have one major similarity. Emma and I are both dreamers, romantics.. we are both naive. She reads romance novels and logs for something like that. I'm not so different.


I am familiar with this story and I know what Emma is going to do. While I don't agree with her actions I can still sympathize, for we are, in a way, kindred spirits. 


Is there a character in a movie that you feel you have a lot in common with? 

No comments:

Post a Comment